“It’s not because things are difficult that we dare not venture.
It’s because we dare not venture that they are difficult.”
—Seneca (c. 4 B.C.—65 A.D.), Roman Stoic Philosopher, Statesman, Dramatist
Only the fearful and insecure insist on always playing it safe. To discover your greatest untapped potential, to achieve your most ambitious aims, calculated risk-taking is indispensable. To succeed at the highest level, you must plan and prepare to run more and greater risks, all while increasing your capacity to incur and absorb still greater risks. To win big, you must go big. The more risk you are able to handle, the more resilient you become, the more you will find yourself surrounded by opportunity. Do not take foolish chances, however. Instead, plan, plot, calculate and prepare. Develop a support network. Set up an escape route, or a road to recovery if necessary. Then make the leap.
Drawing on one of the transforming incidents in the early days of P.T. Barnum’s life as a showman and promoter, in this episode of the Classic Influence Podcast you’ll discover the indispensable role of risk in seizing ambitious opportunities, overcoming limits, and conquering unfamiliar terrain, and how bold, calculated risk-taking is often what separates the superstars of success from the vast majority who are merely mediocre. You will also learn five key tactics you can use to strengthen your capacity to run more and greater risks, as you learn to take the bold actions necessary to expand and accelerate your success.
Are you interested in discovering more of the lessons learned and insights gained from the legends of risk-taking? If so, don’t miss this episode’s free bonus supplement! Download the free CIP 013 Resource Guide and begin to exploit the power of intelligent risk-taking, accelerating your path to the top. Included in this issue:
- Discover the power of calculated risks to accelerate the achievement of your ultimate purpose and goals.
- Learn the key reframe that can free you from seductive—yet, ultimately, deceptive—assumptions around safety, security and risk.
- Evaluate yourself as a risk-taker and identify areas you can leverage to build confidence and increase your probability of success.
- Explore the risk-takers hall of fame and gain a more confident and resourceful approach to risk-taking.
- Discover five tactics you can adapt to flip your mental scripts around risk, and further expand and accelerate your success.