“A man’s worth is no greater than his ambitions.”
—Marcus Aurelius (121—180 A.D.), Ancient Roman Emperor
Ambition is like a wild horse. It can be a powerful source of energy, strength and courage, the horsepower that drives and energizes you to achieve a fantastic life. And like a wild horse, ambition must be fed and nurtured to thrive. But it is not until a horse is bridled, saddled and trained that it can become a true champion. Learn to cultivate, control and direct your ambition in ways that provide value—this is both the beginning of success and the path to a meaningful life.
In this episode of the Classic Influence Podcast we examine the role and importance of ambition in your success, and how misguided social norms can unintentionally sabotage your best efforts. Looking to the example of Arnold Schwarzenegger, and drawing on the wisdom of Martin Luther King Jr., this episode also serves as a sort of call to arms for you to raise the bar and reexamine your focus in light of your true, perhaps hidden, aspirations.
Are you interested in discovering more insights and success secrets around this topic? Then, don’t miss this episode’s free bonus supplement! Download the free CIP 010 Resource Guide and learn to unleash one of your most powerful sources of energy, strength and courage. Included in this issue:
- Discover how ambition plays a critical role in what you are able to achieve, or even imagine achieving.
- Complete the ambition self-assessment tool and gain a whole new perspective on how to move ahead.
- Explore this issue’s hall of fame and gain insight into modeling the masters of high achievement, and success.
- Discover five powerful, proven tactics for eliminating the ambition-blockers that hold most people back.
- Learn how to overcome resistance and get refocused on your true, perhaps hidden, aspirations and goals.